Hans Fischer Fellow
|2009 - 2012||Doctorate Degree in Engineering Sciences |
Institute for Technical Mechanics, Johannes Kepler University (JKU), Linz, Austria
|2006 - 2009|| |
Diploma Degree in Industrial Mathematics
|2003 - 2006|| |
Bachelor Degree in Technical Mathematics
Current Academic Appointments
|09/2015 - now||Professorship for Applied Mathematics at the University of Applied Sciences, Upper Austria, Campus for Engineering, Wels|
|01/2015 - now||Research Associate and Head of Project “DynaCon: The Embedding of the Adjoint Method in Multibody Dynamics” in the R&D University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Research Center Wels, funded by FWF Austrian Science Fund, Project No. T733-N30|
- 2020, “Best Paper Award” for the 16th edition of the “Multibody Systems and Nonlinear Dynamics and Controls” Conference in the area of Nonlinear Dynamics: Best Paper Award: IDETC2020-22034 – “The Adjoint Gradient Method for Time-Optimal Control of a Moon Landing - Ascent, Descent, and Abort” by Philipp Eichmeir, Karin Nachbagauer (University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Austria), Wolfgang Steiner (Technical University of Vienna), July 2020
- 2019, Price for „Excellence in Teaching", price was awarded by the president of the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. The award recognizes excellence in teaching, linking research and teaching and supervision of theses, December 2019
- 2013, Talent Promotion Award of the Province of Upper Austria in the category Science, initiated and awarded by Governor Dr. Josef Pühringer, November 2013
- 2013, Upper Austrian Women Researcher Award 2013 in the category Special Prize Young Researcher for the project "Dynamic Response of Nonlinear Problems with Large Rotations", initiated by the State Councilor for Research, Mag.a Doris Hummer, and the Upper Austrian Research GmbH, June 2013
- 2012, Nominated for the final for the ECCOMAS PhD-Award 2012 by the Central European Association for Computational Mechanics (CEACM), September 2013
- 2011, “Best Paper Award for outstanding level of academic achievements and scientific content” awarded by the Université Catholique de Louvain, Brüssel, Belgien, Juli 2011
Multibody System Dynamics, Numerical Mathematics, Inverse Dynamics, Computer-aided simulation, Optimal Control
- K. Nachbagauer, A.S. Pechstein, H. Irschik, J. Gerstmayr. A new locking-free formulation for planar, shear deformable, linear and quadratic beam finite elements based on the absolute nodal coordinate formulation. Journal of Multibody System Dynamics, Vol. 26, Nr. 3, pp. 245-263, doi: 10.1007/s11044-011-9249-8, Open Access, 2011.
- K. Nachbagauer, P. Gruber, J. Gerstmayr. Structural and Continuum Mechanics Approaches for a 3D Shear Deformable ANCF Beam Finite Element: Application to static and linearized dynamic examples. Journal for Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 8, 021004, doi: 10.1115/1.4006787 (7 pages), 2012.
- K. Nachbagauer, J. Gerstmayr. Structural and Continuum Mechanics Approaches for a 3D Shear Deformable ANCF Beam Finite Element: Application to Buckling and Nonlinear Dynamic Examples. Journal for Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 9, Nr. 1, 011013 (8 pages), doi: 10.1115/1.4025282, 2013.
- K. Nachbagauer. State of the Art of ANCF Elements Regarding Geometric Description, Interpolation Strategies, Definition of Elastic Forces, Validation and the Locking Phenomenon in Comparison with Proposed Beam Finite Elements. Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, Vol. 21, Issue 3, pp. 293-319, doi: 10.1007/s11831-014-9117-9 (27 pages), 2014.
- K. Nachbagauer, S. Oberpeilsteiner, K. Sherif, W. Steiner. The Use of the Adjoint Method for Solving Typical Optimization Problems in Multibody Dynamics. Journal for Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 10, doi:10.1115/1.4028417, Paper Nr. 061011, (10 pages), 2015.
- T. Lauß, S. Oberpeilsteiner, W. Steiner, K. Nachbagauer. The Discrete Adjoint Gradient Computation for Optimization Problems in Multibody Dynamics, Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 12, No. 3, 2016.
- T. Lauss, S. Oberpeilsteiner, W. Steiner, K. Nachbagauer. The Discrete Adjoint Method for Parameter Identification in Multibody System Dynamics, Journal for Multibody System Dynamics, Vol. 42, DOI: doi.org/10.1007/s11044-017-9600-9, pp. 397-410, 2017.
- H. Wimmer, K. Nachbagauer. Exact Transfer- and Stiffness Matrix for the Composite Beam-column with Refined Zigzag Kinematics, Journal for Composite Structures, Vol. 189, DOI: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2018.01.022, pp. 700-706, 2018.
- K. Sherif, K. Nachbagauer, W. Steiner, T. Lauß. A Modified Newmark Method for the Numerical Simulation of Rigid Body Rotations with Euler Parameters, Journal for Multibody System Dynamics, doi: 10.1007/s11044-019-09672-6, pp. 1-22, 2019.
- H. Wimmer, W. Hochhauser, K. Nachbagauer. Refined Zigzag Theory - An appropriate tool for the analysis of CLT-plates and other shear-elastic timber structures, European Journal of Wood and Wood Products, doi.org/10.1007/s00107-020-01586-x, pp. 1-11, 2020.
ORCID publication list: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0015-0557