Hans Fischer Fellow
Université de Bourgogne
Optimal Control and Medical Imaging
After studying theoretical physics at the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon (ENS) where Professor Dominique Sugny got the Agrégation de Physique in 1997 and the theoretical physics Master in 1998, he started his PhD in 1999 at the Laboratory of Spectrométrie Physique in Grenoble with Marc Joyeux (Research Director, The National Center for Scientific Research). Dominique Sugny worked on quantum chaos and its role in molecular dynamics. In 2002, after his PhD, he moved to the group of Osman Atabek (Research Director, The National Center for Scientific Research) at the laboratory of Photophysique Moléculaire (Orsay, Paris) to study the control of molecular rotation by laser fields. In 2003, Dominique Sugny was hired as a Maître de Conférence in Dijon in the group of Pr. H. Jauslin. He got the Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches in 2009. In 2012, he was invited to visit the group of Professor Steffen Glaser at TUM for seven months. Dominique Sugny was promoted to a professor position in Dijon in September 2014.
The research of Dominique Sugny is aimed at developing modeling, dynamical analysis and control methods of dynamical systems governing a variety of physical and chemical processes ranging from atomic and molecular processes, spectroscopy and imaging in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and nonlinear optics. He treats both classical and quantum systems described by ordinary or partial differential equations. Different collaborations with mathematicians, theoretical and experimental physicists and chemists have been developed.
- Polarization Shaping for Unidirectional Rotational Motion of Molecules. Phys. Rev. Lett. 114 (10), 2015 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Temporal spying and concealing process in fibre-optic data transmission systems through polarization bypass. Nature Communications 5, 2014, 4678 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Robust Quantum Control by a Single-Shot Shaped Pulse. Phys. Rev. Lett. 111 (5), 2013 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Exploring the Physical Limits of Saturation Contrast in Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Sci. Rep. 2, 2012 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Singular Extremals for the Time-Optimal Control of Dissipative Spin 1 2 Particles. Phys. Rev. Lett. 104 (8), 2010 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Time-Minimal Control of Dissipative Two-Level Quantum Systems: The Integrable Case. SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization 48 (3), 2009, 1289-1308 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )