Prof. Steinhorst studied computer science at Goethe-University of Frankfurt am Main/Germany and received his Ph.D. degree (summa cum laude) there in 2011. Between 2011 and 2016, he was with the TUM CREATE research center in Singapore where he was leading the Embedded Systems Group as Principal Investigator since 2015 and previously held Senior Research Fellow and Research Fellow positions. From May till September 2016, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Engineering at Aarhus University in Denmark. Since November 2016, Prof. Steinhorst is a Rudolf Moessbauer Tenure Track Assistant Professor at TUM.
2015, 2013 Four European Network of Excellence on High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation (HiPEAC) Paper Awards for co-authored papers. Three in 2013, one in 2015.
2011 Award for Outstanding Academic Achievements of the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics of the Goethe-University of Frankfurt am Main/Germany
2010 edacentrum EDA Achievement Award 2010 with the VeronA project team
The research of Prof. Steinhorst centers around design methodology and hardware/software co-design of distributed embedded systems in the application areas of Internet of Things, Smart Energy and Automotive. Major aspects are architecture, modelling, verification, efficiency, dependability and security of such systems, considering all abstraction levels.
- Security in Automotive Networks. ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems 22 (2), 2017, 1-27 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Synthesis of Active Cell Balancing Architectures for Battery Packs. IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems 35 (11), 2016, 1876-1889 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Cyber-Physical Co-Simulation Framework for Smart Cells in Scalable Battery Packs. ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems 21 (4), 2016, 1-26 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Security analysis of automotive architectures using probabilistic model checking. Proceedings of the 52nd Annual Design Automation Conference on - DAC '15, ACM Press, 2015 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Smart Cells for Embedded Battery Management. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, Networks, and Applications, IEEE, 2014 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )