Filippo Maglia is a member of the BMW Battery Cell Technology Group, where he is responsible for the predevelopment of cathode materials and electrodes for future generations of electrical energy storage systems for automotive applications. He received his PhD degree in Chemistry from the University of Pavia (Italy) in 1998. Upon graduation, he held the following positions at the University of Pavia: postdoctoral scholar (1999-2003), assistant professor (2005-2012). Between November 2004 and March 2005 as well as between March 2006 and June 2006 he was visiting Scientist at the University of California, Davis. He has published more than 120 refereed journal articles.
Advanced materials for energy storage, in particular cathode materials lithium-ion batteries for automotive applications. Characterization of power, lifetime and safety properties of high-energy density materials and batteries.
- Chemical versus Electrochemical Electrolyte Oxidation on NMC111, NMC622, NMC811, LNMO, and Conductive Carbon. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 8 (19), 2017, 4820-4825.
- Oxygen Release and Its Effect on the Cycling Stability of LiNixMnyCozO2(NMC) Cathode Materials for Li-Ion Batteries. Journal of The Electrochemical Society 164 (7), 2017, A1361-A1377.
- Nickel-Rich Layered Cathode Materials for Automotive Lithium-Ion Batteries: Achievements and Perspectives. ACS Energy Letters 2 (1), 2016, 196-223.
- High-energy-density lithium-ion battery using a carbon-nanotube–Si composite anode and a compositionally graded Li[Ni0.85Co0.05Mn0.10]O2 cathode. Energy & Environmental Science 9 (6), 2016, 2152-2158.
- Future generations of cathode materials: an automotive industry perspective. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 3 (13), 2015, 6709-6732.
- Densification and properties of bulk nanocrystalline functional ceramics with grain size below 50nm. Journal of the European Ceramic Society 33 (6), 2013, 1045-1066.
- Nanoscale Effects on the Ionic Conductivity of Highly Doped Bulk Nanometric Cerium Oxide. Advanced Functional Materials 16 (18), 2006, 2363-2368.
- Incorporation of Trivalent Cations in Synthetic Garnets A3B5O12(A = Y, Lu−La, B = Al, Fe, Ga). The Journal of Physical Chemistry B 110 (13), 2006, 6561-6568.
- Tuning mobility and stability of lithium ion conductors based on lattice dynamics. Energy & Environmental Science 11 (4), 2018, 850-859 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- High-Capacity Concentration Gradient Li[Ni0.865 Co0.120 Al0.015 ]O2 Cathode for Lithium-Ion Batteries. Advanced Energy Materials 8 (19), 2018, 1703612 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Electrocatalytic transformation of HF impurity to H2 and LiF in lithium-ion batteries. Nature Catalysis 1 (4), 2018, 255-262 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )