Sara Lucatello obtained her undergraduate degree and PhD from University of Padova, Italy. After postdoctoral work at University of Texas Austin, she was INAF fellow in Padova and later Excellence Cluster Universe fellow in Munich. She joined the faculty at INAF Osservatorio Astronomico di Padova in 2006.
She has served as a member and co-chair of the Committee of Participation of Women in Sloan and as a member of the Committee for Inclusion in Sloan, the organs for diversity and equal opportunities in the SDSS collaboration. Since 2018 she is serving as Vice-President of the European Astronomical Society, with a portfolio focusing on diversity and inclusion issues.
Her scientific interests focus on spectroscopic studies of stellar populations, the formation and chemo-dynamical evolution of the Milky Way and its subcomponents, large Galactic stellar surveys and Big Data in Astronomy.
- Equity and diversity in astronomy. Nature Astronomy 2 (7), 2018, 523-524 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Aluminium abundances in five discrete stellar populations of the globular cluster NGC 2808. Astronomy & Astrophysics 615, 2018, A17 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Diversity and inclusiveness in large scientific collaborations. Nature Astronomy 1 (6), 2017, 0161 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Chemical tagging with APOGEE: discovery of a large population of N-rich stars in the inner Galaxy. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 465 (1), 2016, 501-524 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- CHEMICAL TAGGING IN THE SDSS-III/APOGEE SURVEY: NEW IDENTIFICATIONS OF HALO STARS WITH GLOBULAR CLUSTER ORIGINS. The Astrophysical Journal 825 (2), 2016, 146 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- The incidence of binaries in globular cluster stellar populations. Astronomy & Astrophysics 584, 2015, A52 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- The SDSS-IV in 2014: A Demographic Snapshot. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific 127 (954), 2015, 776-788 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- LINE LISTS FOR THEA2Π-X2Σ+(RED) ANDB2Σ+-X2Σ+(VIOLET) SYSTEMS OF CN,13C14N, AND12C15N, AND APPLICATION TO ASTRONOMICAL SPECTRA. The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series 214 (2), 2014, 26 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- FLUORINE VARIATIONS IN THE GLOBULAR CLUSTER NGC 6656 (M22): IMPLICATIONS FOR INTERNAL ENRICHMENT TIMESCALES. The Astrophysical Journal 763 (1), 2012, 22 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- The Na-O anticorrelation in horizontal branch stars. Astronomy & Astrophysics 549, 2012, A41 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )