Sarah de Rijcke
Sarah de Rijcke is associate professor and deputy director at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS), Leiden University. De Rijcke leads a research group at CWTS that examines interactions between research assessment and practices of knowledge production. This research program is situated at the intersection of Science and Technology Studies and the sociology and anthropology of science. Before coming to Leiden, De Rijcke held a postdoctoral position at the Virtual Knowledge Studio (KNAW, Amsterdam). She received her PhD (with honors) from the University of Groningen in 2010. De Rijcke was a visiting professor at the STS department in Vienna in 2015, a visiting research fellow at UC San Diego in 2010, and a visiting pre-doc at the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science in 2007. As of June 2016, she is a member of the Young Academy of Europe (YAE).
2016-2021 Appointed member of the Young Academy of Europe (YAE)
2016-2019 ASPASIA International collaboration grant, Leiden University, Faculty FSW
2015 NIAS-Lorentz grant Authorship in Transition (23-27.2.2015). Coordinating applicant. Partners: Prof. Cronin (Bloomington), Dr. Beaulieu (Groningen), Prof. Miedema (Utrecht), Prof. Wouters (Leiden)
The work of my research group focuses on a) developing a theoretical framework on the (micro-) politics of contemporary research assessment; b) gaining a deep empirical understanding on how formal and informal evaluation practices are re-shaping academic knowledge production; c) contributing to shaping contemporary debates on responsible research evaluation and metrics uses (including policy implications).
- Comparing Comparisons. On Rankings and Accounting in Hospitals and Universities. Mattering Press., 2016 mehr… BibTeX
- Quantified academic selves: The gamification of science through social networking service. Social Media Research, 2016 mehr… BibTeX
- Evaluation practices and effects of indicator use—a literature review. Research Evaluation 25 (2), 2015, 161-169 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Accounting for Impact? The Journal Impact Factor and the Making of Biomedical Research in the Netherlands. Minerva 53 (2), 2015, 117-139 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- To intervene or not to intervene; is that the question? On the role of scientometrics in research evaluation. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 66 (9), 2015, 1954-1958 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Bibliometrics: The Leiden Manifesto for research metrics. Nature 520 (7548), 2015, 429-431 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- The Metric Tide: Literature Review. HEFCE, 2015 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Accountability in context: effects of research evaluation systems on publication practices, disciplinary norms, and individual working routines in the faculty of Arts at Uppsala University. Research Evaluation 24 (1), 2014, 63-77 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )