Georg von Wichert received his Diploma (M.Sc.) in electrical and control engineering from Darmstadt University of Technology in 1992. From 1992 to 1998 he was a Research and Teaching Assistant at the Institute of Control Engineering at Darmstadt University of Technology. In Darmstadt he also received a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering in 1998. Since 1998, he has been with Siemens Corporate Research and Technologies, where he currently holds the position of Program Manager in the Intelligent Autonomous Systems Department. He was involved in several national and European research activities in research and managing functions.
Georg von Wichert's research is focused on cognitive systems including computer and robot vision, pattern recognition, sensor fusion and robotics.
- A Probabilistic Relational Model for Characterizing Situations in Dynamic Multi-Agent Systems. In: Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Applications. Springer Science + Business Media, 2008.
- The robotic bar - an integrated demonstration of a robotic assistan. Advances in Human-Robot Interaction, 2005.
- A Probabilistic Approach to Simultaneous Segmentation, Object Recognition, 3D Localization, and Tracking Using Stereo. In: Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Science + Business Media, 2001.
- Man-machine interaction for robot applications in everyday environments. 10th IEEE Intern Workshop on Robot and Human Communication (ROMAN’01), 2001.
- Can robots learn to see? Control Engineering Practice 7 (6), 1999, 783-795.
- Mobile robot localization using a selforganized visual environment representation. Robotics and Autonomous Systems 25, 1998, 185-194.
- Control of an intelligent lift system for severely disabled persons. Proceedings of the 24th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON’98), 1998.
- Selforganizing visual perception for mobile robot navigation. 1st Euromicro Workshop on Advanced Mobile Robots (EUROBOT’96), IEEE Computer Society Press, 1996.
- Solving insertion tasks with a multifingered gripper by fumbling. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation ’93, 1993.
- Using rule-based context knowledge to model table-top scenes. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), IEEE, 2014 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Extracting semantic indoor maps from occupancy grids. Robotics and Autonomous Systems 62 (5), 2014, 663-674 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Sensor data fusion for automotive applications. FISITA World Automotive Congress 2004, 2014 mehr… BibTeX