Krasimira Tsaneva-Atanasova is Professor of Mathematics for Healthcare in the Living Systems Institute and the Department of Mathematics at the University of Exeter (UoE), UK. She received her MSc (Mathematics) from the University of Plovdiv, Bulgaria and PhD (Applied Mathematica) from the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Her research and professional activities aim to inform novel applications of mathematics to enable the development of quantitative methods for healthcare and healthcare technologies. In her research, she develops and analyses mathematical models for applications to personalised prediction and clinical decision support in prevention, diagnosis or treatment of health-related conditions. She also serves as Associate Dean for International and Development in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences at UoE (2018-2021).
March – April 2019 Guest Professor in the School of Mathematics and Statistics and the Center for Mathematical Sciences, at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
July 2013 – present Honorary Senior Research Fellow, University of Bristol
2002 – 2003 New Zealand Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (NZIMA) PhD scholarship award
1991-1996 Bulgarian Ministry of Education Scholarship for high academic achievement
Biomathematics, Dynamical systems, Numerical continuation, Data driven modelling, Scientific computing.
Applications to cellular signal-transduction pathways such as calcium dynamics, hormone signalling, neuronal excitability, movement science, experimental psychology and healthcare technologies.
- Eder Zavala, Kyle C. A. Wedgwood, Margaritis Voliotis, Joël Tabak, Francesca Spiga, Stafford L. Lightman, Krasimira Tsaneva-Atanasova, 2019, Mathematical Modelling of Endocrine Systems, Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 30(4): 244-257.
- Creaser J, Tsaneva-Atanasova KT, Ashwin P, 2018, Sequential noise-induced escapes for oscillatory network dynamics, SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, 17(1): 500-525.
- S. J. Rahi, J. Larsch, K. Pecani, N. Mansouri, A. Y. Katsov, K. Tsaneva-Atanasova, E. D. Sontag, F. R. Cross, 2017, Oscillatory stimuli differentiate adapting circuit topologies, Nature Methods, 14(10): 1010-1016.
- Shen Y, Tino P, Tsaneva-Atanasova K, 2017, Classification framework for partially observed dynamical systems, Physical Review E, 95(4), 043303-043303-21.
- Thom Griffith, Krasimira Tsaneva-Atanasova and Jack Mellor, 2016, Control of Ca2+ influx and calmodulin activation by SK-channels in dendritic spines, PLoS Computational Biology, 12(5): e1004949.
- R Iosub, D Avitabile, L Grant, K Tsaneva-Atanasova and HJ Kennedy, 2015, Calcium induced calcium release during action potential firing in developing inner hair cells, Biophysical Journal, 108(5): 1003-1012.
- Osinga, Hinke M. and Tsaneva-Atanasova, Krasimira T., 2013, Geometric analysis of transient bursts, Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 23, 046107.
- Hinke M Osinga, Arthur Sherman and Krasimira Tsaneva-Atanasova, 2012, Cross-Currents Between Biology and Mathematics: The Codimension Of Pseudo-Plateau Bursting, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series A (DCDS-A), 32(8): 2853–2877.
- K. Tsaneva-Atanasova, A. Burgo, T. Galli and D. Holcman, 2009, Quantifying neurite growth mediated by interactions between secretory vesicles, microtubules and actin networks, Biophysical Journal, 96(3): 840-57.
- J. Sneyd, K. Tsaneva-Atanasova, D.I. Yule, J. L. Thompson and T. J. Shuttleworth, 2004, Control of calcium oscillations by membrane fluxes, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 101(5): 1392-1396.
A full list of publications could be found here.