Christian Bick received his Diplom in mathematics from Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Germany) in 2008. After a year at the University of California, San Diego (USA), he completed his PhD work at the Max-Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization in Göttingen to obtain his doctorate in mathematics from Georg-August-Universität Göttingen in 2012. After a postdoctoral appointment at Rice University (USA) in 2013-2014, he came to the University of Exeter (UK) as a Marie Curie Fellow (IEF) in 2015. He joined the faculty of the Mathematical Institute of the University of Oxford (UK) in 2016 before moving back to Exeter for his current appointment in 2018.
2015 Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship, project GECO—Dynamics of Coupled Phase Oscillators with Generalized Coupling
2010, 2012 DAAD Doktorandenstipendien for research visits to the University of California, San Diego (USA) and the University of Exeter (UK)
2008 Support from the Fulbright Program, the University of California, and the University of Göttingen for graduate studies at the University of California, San Diego (USA).
Dynamical systems and applications. Dynamics of coupled oscillator networks. Dynamics of asynchronous networks.
- Christian Bick, Mark J. Panaggio, and Erik A. Martens. Chaos in Kuramoto oscillator networks. Chaos, 28(7):071102, 2018.
- Christian Bick. Heteroclinic switching between chimeras. Physical Review E, 97(5):050201(R), 2018.
- Christian Bick, Michael Sebek, and István Z. Kiss. Robust Weak Chimeras in Oscillator Networks with Delayed Linear and Quadratic Interactions. Physical Review Letters, 119(16):168301, 2017.
- Christian Bick. Isotropy of Angular Frequencies and Weak Chimeras With Broken Symmetry. Journal of Nonlinear Science, 27(2):605–626, 2017.
- Christian Bick and Michael Field. Asynchronous networks: modularization of dynamics theorem. Nonlinearity, 30(2):595–621, 2017.
- Christian Bick and Michael Field. Asynchronous networks and event driven dynamics. Nonlinearity, 30(2):558–594, 2017.
- Christian Bick, Peter Ashwin, and Ana Rodrigues. Chaos in generically coupled phase oscillator networks with nonpairwise interactions. Chaos, 26(9):094814, 2016.
- Christian Bick and Peter Ashwin. Chaotic Weak Chimeras and their Persistence in Coupled Populations of Phase Oscillators. Nonlinearity, 29(5):1468-1486, 2016.
- Christian Bick and Erik A. Martens. Controlling Chimeras. New Journal of Physics, 17(3):033030, 2015 .
- Christian Bick, Marc Timme, Danilo Paulikat, Dirk Rathlev, and Peter Ashwin. Chaos in Symmetric Phase Oscillator Networks. Physical Review Letters, 107(24):244101, 2011.
Please see here.