Call for Applications: Anna Boyksen, Hans Fischer, Hans Fischer Senior and Rudolf Diesel Industry Fellowships
TUM-IAS hereby invites applications for Fellowships in the following categories of its Fellowship program:
- Anna Boyksen Fellowships for outstanding scientists from outside TUM who intend to explore gender- and diversity-relevant themes in the context of the TUM subject portfolio (more information)
- Hans Fischer Fellowships for outstanding early-career scientists from outside TUM (more information) – please see updates on the program below!
- Hans Fischer Senior Fellowships for renowned international scientists from outside TUM (more information) – please see updates on the program below!
- Rudolf Diesel Industry Fellowships for highly qualified researchers from industry (more information)
Further information on the conditions and the selection process is available here.
Regional Hans Fischer (Senior) Fellows (Africa and Latin America): TUM-IAS will award up to two of the Hans Fischer and/or Hans Fischer Senior Fellowships to candidates from a home institution in Africa and/or Latin America (all American countries with the exception of Canada and the US). Candidates for this Fellowship will undergo the same evaluation as the other applications, but in their case, local evaluation factors will also be taken into account. The Fellows will then receive the regular Hans Fischer (Senior) Fellowship benefits. For the Regional Fellowship, the tandem application rule (see below) does not apply.
Siemens Hans Fischer (Senior) Fellows: TUM-IAS invites nominations for Hans Fischer (Senior) Fellowships that focus on the research fields of Simulation and Digital Twin and the Future of Autonomous Systems/Robotics. Up to two Fellowships can be awarded in the course of this call. Please find more information here.
We would also like to draw your attention to the tandem application rule for Hans Fischer and Hans Fischer Senior Fellowships (including the Siemens Fellows): As in the previous years, each TUM professor (Host) is required to suggest two candidates, at least one of which must be a female researcher. Both applications will be evaluated individually according to our usual multi-stage evaluation procedure. Tandem nominations can be for the same or for several Fellowship categories (Hans Fischer, Hans Fischer Senior, Rudolf Diesel Industry Fellowship). From the proposed tandem, both candidates may be successful, or one, or none.
Applications are to be submitted via e-mail to the TUM-IAS office by October 24, 2018.
In order to ensure a smooth application and evaluation procedure we strongly advise to contact the TUM-IAS management team with the key application data at least one week before the submission deadline.
TUM-IAS explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies.
Ms. Anna Kohout (TUM-IAS Program Manager)
Phone: + 49 89 289-10552
- Nomination_Guidelines_September_2018.pdf547 K