Rudolf Diesel Industry Fellow
Gernot Spiegelberg studied mechanical engineering at the University of Siegen and at the RWTH Aachen. After having successfully passed his diploma in 1986, he worked as an assistant at the Institute for Gear Technology and Dynamics of Machines (RWTH Aachen). From 1989 to 1997, he worked on the development of DC-Unimog and LKW in Gaggenau. In 1998, he became the Head of Department, Systems and Technology DC-Powersystems, for drive-by-wire technologies in Stuttgart. Prof. Spiegelberg completed his doctorate at the TU Karlsruhe in 2002 followed by a lectureship for Intelligent Automotive Systems at TU Budapest (Hungary) in 2004, for which he was awarded the Honorary Professorship. From 2006 to 2008, he acted as the Executive Vice President for Group Strategy/Technology at Siemens VDO Automotive AG in Regensburg. Thereafter, he transferred to the Corporate Technology Department and since then has been working on the Technology and Business Model for the Introduction of Electric Vehicles.
Before joining the SADAS Focus Group, Prof. Spiegelberg was a part of the Focus Group Diesel Reloaded.
2004 Honorary Professorship, TU Budapest July
2010 Nomination as a Rudolf Diesel Industry Fellow at TUM Institute for Advanced Study
The objective of his project at TUM-IAS is to persue a holistic approach to the study of electromobility. Technology will be a focal point – reflected in the development of a new diesel-electric truck.
- ´Reducing costs during development and operation of hybrid commercial vehicles through a market-based electric energy manage-ment. Elektrik/ Elektronik in Hybrid- und Elektrofahrzeugen und elektrisches Energiemanagement IV, 2013 mehr… BibTeX
- Towards the deployment of a centralized ICT architecture in the automo-tive domain. 2nd Mediterranean Conf. on Embedded Computing (MECO), 2013 mehr… BibTeX
- Context processing for automotive human-machine interfaces. IEEE Science and Information Conf. (SAI), 2013 mehr… BibTeX
- The software car: Building ICT architectures for future electric vehicles. IEEE International Electric Vehicle Conference (IEVC), 2012 mehr… BibTeX
- Platform-independent interface for the management of sensor-generated power and data fows in an automotive data-centric architecture. 6. VDI/VDE Fachtagung USEWARE 2012 ‑ Mensch‑Maschine‑Interaktion, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz DFKI, 2012 mehr… BibTeX
- Advantage in Integration and active Safety by Using Drive-by-Wire Technologies – Results of EU-Project PEIT and SPARC. Autotec , 2005 mehr… BibTeX
- Increasing reactive active Safety with ESP including preventive active Steering. AAET Schrift GZVB, 2005 mehr… BibTeX
- safety critical Platform for automotive Vehicles. AAET Schrift GZVB, 2005 mehr… BibTeX
- Increasing of preventive active Safety including MMI and “virtual Driver”. AAET Schrift GZVB, 2005 mehr… BibTeX
- Homologation und Zulassung zukünftiger Drive-by-Wire-Systeme, -Status und notwendige Modifikationen der Vorschriften. ATZ-Bericht 5, 2004, mehr… BibTeX
- System and Software Architectures for Drive by Wire Systems – Tools Requirements and their Use in the Projects PEIT and SPARC. Competence Exchange Symposium ETAS, 2004 mehr… BibTeX
- Using drive-by-wire technology to design integrated powertrain modules - integration of the evaluation of surrounding variables. American Control Conference 2002, 2002 mehr… BibTeX
- Ein Beitrag zur Erhöhung der Verkehrs-sicherheit und Funktionalität von Fahrzeugen unter Verwendung eines Antriebstrangmoduls. Cuvillier, 2002. Zugl. TU Karlsruhe, 2002 mehr… BibTeX
- Mit Drive-by-Wire zum integrierten Antriebstrang-Modul, VDI-Fachtagung Elektronik im Kraftfahrzeug. VDI-Berichte1646, 2001 mehr… BibTeX
- Drive-by-Wire-Technologie, Integration von Umfeldbewertungen, VDI-Fachtagung Reifen, Fahrwerk, Fahrbahn. VDI Berichte 1632, 2001 mehr… BibTeX