Kolja Kühnlenz was a Senior Research Scientist and Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Automatic Control Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, TUM, and Director of the Dynamic Vision Research Laboratory until 2012. He was also the leader of an Independent Junior Research Group within the Munich Cluster of Excellence “Cognition for Technical Systems – CoTeSys” and Principal Investigator within the Bernstein Center of Computational Neuroscience Munich. He received the engineering degree in Electrical Engineering in 2002 from Technical University of Berlin and the Doctor of Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering in 2007 from TUM. From 2003 to 2006 he was a research and teaching assistant at the Institute of Automatic Control Engineering, TUM. He has held positions in executive boards, e.g. BCCN, and organizing committees, e.g. Program Chair of IEEE RO-MAN 2008.
Since 2014, Kolja Kühnlenz has been a professor at the Coburg University of Applied Science and Arts.
Leader of Independent Junior Research Group Award, Cluster of Excellence CoTeSys
Student Research Award, Project ”Effects of Dia- and Paramagnetic Materials in MRI-Systems”, Humboldt Universität Berlin
Kühnlenz’s areas of interest include: Computer vision; design and control of mechatronic systems, robotics, intelligent automation systems, human-robot interaction and communication.
- Impacts of Multimodal Feedback on Efficiency of Proactive Information Retrieval from Task-Related HRI. JACIII 16 (2), 2012, 313-326 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Multi-focal Vision and Gaze Control Improve Navigation Performance. Int J Adv Robotic Sy, 2012, 1 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Impacts of Multimodal Feedback on Efficiency of Proactive Information Retrieval from Task-Related HRI. Journal of Advanced Computional Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, 2012 more… BibTeX
- “Improving Aspects of Empathy and Subjective Performance for HRI through Mirroring Facial Expressions. 20th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), 2011 more… BibTeX
- The Autonomous City Explorer: Towards Natural Human-Robot Interaction in Urban Environments. Int J of Soc Robotics 1 (2), 2009, 127-140 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- FPGA design and implementation of insect-inspired reichardt motion detector and receptive field. Journal of Image and Graphics, 2009 more… BibTeX
- On Sensor Switching Visual Servoing. International Journal of Optomechatronics 2 (3), 2008, 233-256 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Physiology and HIR: Recognition of over- and underchallenge. Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), 2008 more… BibTeX
- Expression and automatic recognition of exhaustion in natural walking. Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI), 2008 more… BibTeX
- Aspects of Multi-Focal Vision. VDI Fortschritt-Berichte, 2007 more… BibTeX
- Stability issues in sensor swiching visual servoing. Proceedings od SPIE 6719, 2007 more… BibTeX
- On the evaluation of emotion expressing robots. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2007 more… BibTeX
- EDDIE - an emotion display with dynamic intuitive expressions. Proceedings of the15th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), 2006, 569-574 more… BibTeX