Camilla Hollanti received the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Turku, Finland, in 2003 and 2009, respectively, both in pure mathematics. Her research interests lie within applications of algebraic number theory to wireless communications and physical layer security, as well as in combinatorial and coding theoretic methods related to distributed storage systems.
For 2004-2011 Hollanti was with the University of Turku. Since 2011, she has been with the Department of Mathematics and Systems Analysis at Aalto University, Finland, where she currently works as Associate Professor and leads a research group in Algebra, Number Theory, and Applications. Hollanti is also affiliated with the Institute for Advanced Study at the Technical University of Munich, where she holds a 3-year Hans Fischer Fellowship.
Hollanti is an editor of the AIMS Journal on Advances in Mathematics of Communications. She is a coauthor of 80 scientific peer-reviewed publications and a recipient of several grants, including five Academy of Finland grants in 2010-2016. In 2014, she received the World Cultural Council Special Recognition Award for young researchers. In 2017, the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters awarded her the Väisälä Prize in Mathematics.
2017 Väisälä Prize in the field of Mathematics, Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
2017 Hans Fischer Fellowship, a 3-year guest professorship at the Institute for Advanced Study, Technical University of Munich
2014 World Cultural Council Special Recognition Award
2007 Best Presentation Award in the 13th General Meeting of EWM, University of Cambridge
2005-2017 Five Academy of Finland project grants and several research scholarships and travel grants from Finnish foundations
- Applications of algebraic number theory to wireless communications and physical layer security
- Combinatorial and coding theoretic methods related to distributed storage systems and private information retrieval
- Private Information Retrieval from Coded Databases with Colluding Servers. SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry 1 (1), 2017, 647-664 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- On the Combinatorics of Locally Repairable Codes via Matroid Theory. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 62 (10), 2016, 5296-5315 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Constructions and Properties of Linear Locally Repairable Codes. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 62 (3), 2016, 1129-1143 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- CONDENSE: A Reconfigurable Knowledge Acquisition Architecture for Future 5G IoT. IEEE Access 4, 2016, 3360-3378 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Physical layer security: a paradigm shift in data confidentiality. In: Physical and Data-Link Security Techniques for Future Communication Systems. Springer, 2016, 1-15 more… BibTeX
- Device-to-device data storage for mobile cellular systems. 2013 IEEE Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), IEEE, 2013 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- On the Densest MIMO Lattices From Cyclic Division Algebras. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 55 (8), 2009, 3751-3780 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )